The following list of commodities can have additional insurance:.
- New Films in Cans
- Video Tapes
- Computer Equipment
- Lighting Equipment
- Electronic Equipment
- Tools and Spare Parts
- Handbags, leather items, ladies and gents clothing (up to a maximum sending of £20,000)
For all other insurance requirements please call Customer Services on 01784 266766. Please refer to the excluded list attached.
For any shipments that require insurance, the following steps need to be adhered to:-
- You need to make Customer Services aware of your individual consignment requirements. This is to include full details of the shipment plus the true value and these details need to be added onto the consignment note.
- The shipments maybe held overnight for inspection via our Operations Department. This is to ensure that sufficient packaging has been undertaken and therefore your shipment secure for despatch.
- Claims need to be advised to us in writing within 14 days of receipt otherwise we will be unable to process your claim.
- In the event of a claim, invoices, photographs and any other relevant information will be requested to quantify and establish the value declared.
EXCLUDED COUNTRIES (REFER FOR QUOTE)
Excluded countries are countries where problems are experienced when sending goods to and from these destinations. Shipments will need to be referred to underwriters for special rating purposes.
The excluded countries are:-
Any other countries where local legislation decrees insurance must be affected locally.
EXCLUDED GOODS (REFER FOR QUOTE)
In many cases these goods are insurable but do require special reference to underwriters for final rating purposes.